The Louie Bing Athletic Scholarship Application
The Louie Bing Athletic Scholarship is a monetary award in the amount of $1,000.00 to graduating seniors in high school in honor of the deceased, Mr. Louie Bing. Coach Bing served as a science teacher and legendary track coach at Miami Northwestern Senior High School from 1962 until 1981. The scholarship is awarded through The Louie Bing Athletic Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- The student-athlete must be a graduating senior.
- The student-athlete must have a 2.5 grade point average or above.
- The student-athlete must have been an active participant in Track and Field for a minimum of 3 years.
- The student-athlete must meet all requirements and be accepted to a College/University (or any institution of higher learning).
- The student-athlete must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
The applicant must show proof of the following:
- Copy of current high school transcript containing the following information:
- Current grade point average
- Successfully passed the FSA ELA and Algebra I EOC.
- Copy of acceptance letter from the College/University (or institution of higher learning).
- Write a brief statement of 100 words (or more) supporting the need for financial assistance and state your reasons for applying (goals, need, financial situation) on a separate page.
The student history from the student portal is acceptable with the school stamp and/or Guidance Counselor signature.
*Students who are awarded this scholarship must notify the Louie Bing Scholarship Fund, Inc., of your attending institution with your student identification. The financial award will be mailed directly to the college or university.
Indicate the amount of financial aid that you have been awarded:
Maximum upload size: 20MB