The Clyde H. Jordan Scholarship Application
The Clyde H. Jordan, Scholarship is a monetary award in the amount of $1,000.00 to graduating seniors who plan to major in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) area in honor of the deceased, Clyde H. Jordan. Mr. Jordan served as a math teacher at Homestead Jr. High School. The scholarship is awarded through The Louie Bing Athletic Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- must be a graduating senior.
- must have a minimum grade point average of 3.3 (unweighted) or above.
- must major in a STEM field.
- must meet all requirements and be accepted to a College/University (or any institution of higher learning).
- must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
The applicant must show proof of the following:
- Copy of current high school transcript containing the following information:
- Current grade point average
- Successfully passed the FSA ELA and Algebra I EOC
- One letter of recommendation from a STEM teacher
- Copy of acceptance letter from the College/University (or institution of higher learning)
- Write a 250-word personal statement describing how you hope to make a positive impact in society through science, technology, engineering, and math.
The student history from the student portal is acceptable with the school stamp and/or Guidance Counselor signature.
*Students who are awarded this scholarship must notify the Louie Bing Scholarship Fund, Inc., of your attending institution with your student identification. The financial award will be mailed directly to the college or university.
Indicate the amount of financial aid that you have been awarded: