The John H. Peavy, Jr. Scholarship Application
The John H. Peavy, Jr., Scholarship is a monetary award in the amount of $700.00 or more granted to graduating seniors in high school in honor of the deceased, John H. Peavy, Jr. Mr. Peavy served as a teacher, counselor, and an assistant principal at Miami Northwestern Senior High School. This service-oriented scholarship is given to individuals that have completed volunteer service hours for the betterment of their community. The scholarship is awarded through the Louie Bing Athletic Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- must be a graduating senior.
- must have a 2.5 grade point average or above.
- must meet all requirements and be accepted to a College/University (or any institution of higher learning).
- must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- must have completed a minimum of 100 community service hours.
The applicant must show proof of the following:
- Copy of current high school transcript containing the following information:
- Current grade point average
- Successfully passed the FSA ELA and Algebra I EOC
- Community service hours
- Copy of acceptance letter from the College/University (or institution of higher learning).
The student history from the student portal is acceptable with the school stamp and/or Guidance Counselor signature.
*Students who are awarded this scholarship must notify the Louie Bing Scholarship Fund, Inc., of your attending institution with your student identification. The financial award will be mailed directly to the college or university.
Number of siblings:
Indicate the amount of financial aid that you have been awarded: